Veeam has recently announced version 8 of its Veeam Availability Suite. With this release, Veeam defines Availability for the Modern Data Center by leveraging technologies including modern storage, virtualization, and the cloud. Veeam Availability Suite v8 combines the industry leading backup, restore, and replication capabilities of Veeam Backup and Replication with the advanced reporting, monitoring, and capacity planning functionality of Veeam ONE. Compatible with VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environments, Veeam Availability Suite v8 delivers everything needed to protect and manage your virtual or cloud environment.
Five Key Capabilities for an Always-On Business with Veeam Availability Suite v8:
- High-Speed Recovery – Brand new Explorers for SQL Server and Active Directory and a new Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots for HP and Net App are now available along with v8’s already well-known recovery features such as Instant VM Recovery, Instant File-Recovery and Explorers for Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint.
- Data Loss Avoidance – Provides backup and replication, built-in WAN acceleration and native tape support as well as several new replication enhancements and updated Veeam Cloud Connect, End-to-End Encryption and more.
- Verified Protection – With the use of Veeam’s SureBackup and SureReplica technology, reliable restores, automatic backup testing and virtual labs ensure that backups are successful and are available whenever they are needed.
- Leveraged Data – Minimizing the risks associated with application deployment by automatically creating an isolated, easily accessible environment for application-item recovery, validating virtual machine backups and replicas and perform testing, training and troubleshooting.
- Complete visibility – Improved monitoring tools such as centralized management, vCloud Director integration and vSphere web client plug-in all provide complete visibility to the infrastructure.
Veeam Availability Suite v8 is available now!